Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Men who marry their mothers

I've heard it said that men often marry women who remind them of their mothers (to some extent). I hit upon a similarity between myself and Greg's mom this morning: my use of made-up words. Specifically when referencing another person. Especially when that person is of the child variety. Mama Willis is famous for this. I fear Burton may never learn his real name due to the miscellany that are the things I call him. Most often I call him Burton-boo which then morphs into Boozer (a likely pairing). I can even justify my calling him Bertie Botts (Every Flavour Bean) due to the obvious tie from Burton to Bert and my love of all things Harry Potter. But, when I found myself calling him Moo-ma this morning, I felt there was cause for alarm. The question at hand is whether or not this trait played a part in Greg falling for me. Or is the similarity merely something familiar? OR is there something about Greg that brings out this quality in the women he associates with? Deep thoughts for a Tuesday ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this completely made my day! I love your blogging humor. I mostly call Liv, Liver Bean, or Beaner, or even Bean Head this week. Not the "cutest" of nicknames :)

    ReplyDelete